- Mediation and Arbitration of Personal Injury Cases 60%
- Mediation and Arbitration of UM and UIM Cases 20%
- Mediation and Arbitration of Chancery Cases 10%
- Mediation and Arbitration of Employment Cases 5%
- Mediation and Arbitration of Medical and Legal Malpractice 5%
Prior to his retirement, Judge Mecca served as a Superior Court Judge for over 15 years. During his tenure as Bergen County's Civil Presiding Judge, he was primarily engaged in fostering settlement of cases prior to trial.
During his career, he served on the statewide Conference of Civil Presiding Judges and as Chair of the Complimentary Dispute Resolution Committee's Civil/Special Civil Sub-Committee and as a member of the Supreme Court's Advisory Committee on Arbitration.
Judge Mecca has participated in the resolution of thousands of cases involving personal injury, construction, breach of contract, corporate disputes, employment discrimination, land use, professional malpractice, wrongful termination etc.
Judge Mecca completed mediation training at The NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education and The National Judicial College at Charleston, South Carolina.
He also completed training in the Use of Financial Statements in Court and Philosophical Ethics and Decision Making in Juvenile Cases.
Prior to serving in the judiciary, Judge Mecca was in general practice which included personal injury, business transactions, family matters and appearances before zoning and planning boards. While practicing law, Judge Mecca taught Real Estate Law at The former Englewood Cliffs College.
Since his retirement from the bench, Judge Mecca has served as a member of the NJ Joint Legislative Committee on Ethics which meets monthly in Trenton.
- Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 1967
- Fordham University, New York, New York
- B.S. - 1964
- Major: Business
- New Jersey, 1970
- District of Columbia, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1987
- Bergen County Bar Foundation Man of the Year
- Mediation and Arbitration, BCBA, 2010 to 2010
- Jury Voir Dire (New Rules), American Trial Lawyers (ATLA), 2008 to 2008
- New Jersey State Bar Assoc., 1971 to Present
- Bergen County Bar Assoc., 1971 to Present
- Of Counsel
- State of New Jersey, Judge, Superior Court, 1993 to 2008
- Law Office of Daniel P. Mecca, Attorney at Law, 1972 to 1993